Monday, April 18, 2011

Time for some creativity!

Now that the semester is coming to an end, it's getting close to presentations time! It's time to start getting creative...create presentations that are visually pleasing but that also convey the information we want our audience to get. We are doing a poster for the School of Science and Mathematics Poster Session and have also gotten started on a Prezi for our final presentation. I'm mostly in charge of getting these things taken care of, mainly because of my role on the team (Documentation and Outreach), but I'm having to enlist the help of my other teammates. The biggest thing I need help with is getting the images for our Prezi compatible with the zoom in/out ability the prezi has (which is what makes it so cool, so we have to make it work). For the most part, any screenshot I take on my mac is saved as a png and comes up fairly clear when using prezi, but some of the other images, particularly ones I'm going to get from my other teammates, may not be as compatible. Therefore, Ryan is going to take the images that aren't working properly and help me turn them into raster/vector images. I've never been very good with photoshop or anything of that nature, but I guess now's as good of a time to learn as any!

Thanks to our open communication with the Fortune Hunter/Math4 Team, this project is continuing to progress (sometimes not quite how we want it to), but it's progress none the less. We've had to scrap a couple of things because of how much time they were taking in comparison to how much time we thought it would take, but we've accomplished a good bit and plan to accomplish more before the semester's end :)

Until next time folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment