Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Subversion Test..1,2,3...

I can't believe how much progress my team and I are making on this project. Although we have yet to actually look at the code, our wiki is looking better than ever and we all work wonderfully together. Our next assignment is to check out the code and install what we need for our project...Once we get to that I will be sure to post information on that.
Our current assignment is to log into the 462 subversion repository and play around with it. At first, I was looking at this with another classmate and we were confused as to how to use Subversion. I've used subversion clients before, but I've never used them and Subversion. After figuring some tweeking and asking some questions, I figured out that I can view things with Subversion, but I need an actual client with a GUI in order to add/delete folders or files or anything like that. I created a folder called brittany with a text file in it called FYI. Once I added the folder/file, it immediately showed up in my web browser on Subversion.
We also had to read the Subversion book Chapters 1-4. I've already read parts of this book when I first started working with CIRDLES, but re-reading/looking over it again may be a good refresher. We also were assigned to read TOS Ch. 4. I haven't gotten to finish the readings yet, but I'm sure they will be very helpful/informative.


More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment