Wednesday, March 16, 2011

TOS Ch. 9 & Miscellaneous

Once again I have returned to spread the word of the happenings (or at least my happenings) in my Software Engineering Practicum course. Our assignments for today were to pick the 3 speakers we would like to meet and discuss what we would like to discuss with them if given the opportunity and to read TOS Chapter 9. I did the first assignment over Spring Break  (I was looking at the page anyways so I figured I would go ahead and knock it out), which you can read in my previous post. Now that I know that at least two of the three people I want to meet will be there on Thursday, I'm trying to make it my mission to find a way to be there Thursday. If I can't...I'll just have to hope they're there Friday as well.

The readings we have had to do in Teaching Open Source haven't been very lengthy, but I think this Chapter was by far the shortest Chapter we have had to read. I'm not exactly sure what I was supposed to get from it besides how the book is written and how to gain access to it and its resources. The concept "release early, release often" is definitely not unfamiliar to me, but I believe this Chapter was just used to close the book and let us readers know how we can get access to it any other versions of it.

On a bright and sunny note, I was just recently accepted at North Carolina State for Graduate School (Ph.D. Computer Science Program)! :D Although my heart is still set on Georgia Tech (Go Yellow Jackets!), it feels good to  know I got in somewhere and that that somewhere is actually a good school. Hopefully there will be more good news to come soon :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment