Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ewwww....bugs...

Another week has gone by and lots of progress is being made with my team on our project. We haven't had any individual assignments in a while, but my team and I have been working very hard to get things rolling smoothly. Our next team assignment that's due is to fix the bug we chose to work on and then write up an experience report on how things went. Fortunately, my team and I have been working pretty hard and were able to get that done fairly quickly (being that it's not actually due until next week). It took us some time, but as we sat down longer and looked at the code more in depth, we began to see where things were getting confusing and why the bug was there to begin with. One of the major problems (and I think my team will agree with this as well) is that documentation isn't the best. On top of that, the way they're developing the project, there's so much to have to look through. We were told that we only needed to work on files in the MAFH2 folder, but some of the changes that really needed to be done involved files outside of MAFH2. However, once we noticed that the files were not communicating properly, we just moved some of the code needed to fix the bug over to our folder (MAFH2). This left us with duplicate code, so we may have to reevaluate our solution, but a solution was found and that's definitely a good start.

On another note, today we have the CS Alumni Symposium, which I am pretty excited about. I attended last year and learned a lot of valuable information (and also had a pretty fun time :) ). Hopefully this year will go as smoothly as last year did!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment