Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just some thoughts...

Hello again!

This blogging thing isn't quite as easy when there aren't assignments that have been made. As I mentioned in my previous post, the current team assignment to fix the bug of our choice. Now that this has been done, there hasn't been much more to do (next assignment hasn't been posted yet). We have decided to devote this extra time to finding things we can work on. Some ideas we've come across so far include working with some of the graphics, documentation, or possible even building our own mini-activity for use on the XO laptops. Besides that, everything is running smoothly. We even got the opportunity to Skype with Jonathan, the guy at RIT that has been helping us through all of this. We learned a lot more about the Math4 Team/Fortune Hunter project and got some helpful suggestions. I'm pretty excited about this project and I hope that my team and I get to make successful contributions to this team.

On another note, the 5th annual Computer Science Alumni Symposium was yesterday. I can honestly say it was the biggest crowd I've seen at any CS function (ACM meetings, etc.) There were students and professors alike there taking in all the valuable information the alumni had to offer. The guests ranged from businessmen to Ph.D. students, all having come from where we're coming from. It's almost inspiring. I even got to see an old friend in the process (Bobby Goodrich). I also can't forget to mention how amazing the bread that was provided for our sandwich making privileges really was. I heard that the wheat bread wasn't too great, but the white bread was perfect and I think I need to buy some.

That's all for now folks...until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment